Reading Notes: Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories Part B



The topic I choose to write is on Krishna and the book is called Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories and from that, I choose to take notes on chapter one “The Passing of Krishna” from part B. This chapter is just about the destruction of the Kingdom of Krishna and how did his death happen. My favorite part and most annoying from this story was that when Prince Samba went and dressed up as a married wife and they said, "This beautiful girl," they said, "has hopes of a child and she is very anxious that it should be a son. She is too shy to speak for herself, so she has asked us to speak to you for her. She is sure that by seeing you, all her hopes will be fulfilled." And they were trying to mock a rishi and because of that the prince Samba got cursed. I hate this kind of people they know that will lead to bad consequence but they don’t understand.


            My second favorite and sad part of this chapter is the death of Krishna. It sad how he died and he knew that he was going to die by Jara accident because he thought that Krishna was deer so he shot him with bow and arrow. The most interest part of his death is that he died because he wanted to by that hunter Jara. The line that Krishna said to Jara was my favorite line and Krishna said, “Nay, Jara, you are guilty of no sin. Of a truth, I am your debtor. For you have freed me from a life of which I am weary. I pardon you with all my heart and bid you ascend to heaven." Because that really did free him from all the suffering of this life.

This book was written by C. A. Kincaid, The title of the book is Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories Part B Link to chapter 13

This is the picture of Krishna. Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Story: Parvati Heroic feat.