Reading Notes: Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories Part A

The topic I choose to write is on Krishna and the book is called Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories and from that, I choose to take notes on chapter one “The Coming of Krishna” from part A. This first chapter is just about why Krishna is coming and what are the reasons to come to earth and his birth story.  My favorite part from this story was that I got to know who Kansa was because he was the reincarnation of Kalanemi demon and he the grandson of Hiranyakashipu, whom the Lord Vishnu killed in half man and half lion form. I really never knew he had this kind of background.
           
            Another thing that I liked is how the Lord Vishnu responded after hearing the Earth’s complaint then he pulled out one white and black hair and he said, “These two hairs shall take human form. The white hair shall be born as Balarama and shall be the incarnation of my serpent Shesha. The black hair shall be my incarnation. He shall be born as Krishna and shall slay Kansa and the demons who aid him.” That was also one of my favorite parts of this chapter because I didn’t know that I got to learn new things.

            I like what Lord Vishnu did to save himself from Kansa. It was really intelligent move to fool Kansa. When Lord Vishnu was born all the guard around him fell in sleep so when he is born they don’t go and tell Kansa the eighth son Lord Vishnu is born. Then Vasudeva took Lord Vishnu to Gokula from Mathura so he could switch places with Yashoda daughter because she was Lord Vishnu own vigor. Then Vasudeva changed the places with Lord Vishnu and took the daughter with him. And when Kansa got to know that eight child is born he came right away to kill her but when she was about to get kill she passed out from Kansa sight and said, “Fool, did you hope to slay me? Your real enemy Krishna is born and is now in safety.”

This book was written by C. A. Kincaid, The title of the book is Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories Part A Link to chapter 1



Here is the picture of Krishna with his mother Yashoda. Source




Comments

  1. Whoa! This is so much more detailed than the Epified - The Krishna Story that I watched last week, and while I very much enjoyed it, there were tons of details I wondered more about. Kansa seemed awful and the coming of Krishna was rather brief, I would enjoy learning more about his origin. I may use this as my source for some reading before the class is over, thank you for the summary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Story: Parvati Heroic feat.