Reading Notes

The story I read and took notes is from Buddhist Jataka collection and that story is called “The Cunning Crane and The Crab” and it is written by W.h.d. Rouse.  These are the notes I took on the story and it started out with plot.  I was really surprise to see crane die at the end because I thought the crab would just let go and go back to lake but it did not happen and the crab killed the crane.  I personally like that plot twist because it was coming for him he killed all those fishes in the lake so it was really satisfying for me. 

Crab was also my favorite character because I liked his intelligent mind and outsmarted the crane and it was his greatest strengths or he would have died like those fish; I think could use this character when I write my story.  There was lot of words that made us imagine the setting such as when the author explains the setting of the lake so we could visualize it.  For example this sentence “Now not far away there was a beautiful lake, always fresh and cool, for it lay under the shadow of great trees, and it was covered all over with water lilies. And a Crane lived on the banks of this lake.”


There was one sentence that had Action Writing, it happen when the crab killed the crane and goes like this “ And the Crab, as soon as he felt himself, nipped off the Crane’s head as clean as if it had been cut with a knife” That was my favorite action line because It was so visual that I could see it.  Ending of this Story was really good because everything was in the place and lived happily ever after because got what he deserved for killing all those fishes. Link to the story.

In this picture the crane is talking to the fish so he could "carry" them to other lake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Story: Parvati Heroic feat.